Underarm Sweating (Hyperhydrosis)
No one likes excessive underarm sweating. It’s uncomfortable, unsightly and sometimes (unfortunately) associated with unpleasant odors.. Being under constant sympathetic nervous system control, underarm sweat glands secrete perspiration in response to more than just elevated temperature. Stress and anxiety may also trigger the sympathetic nervous system to produce copious perspiration, even when temperatures are in comfortable ranges.
If this is you, NexMed Health & Body can help!
Be Yourself . There Is No One Better
What Are Some Of The Non-surgical Treatments For Excessive Underarm Sweating?
- Yoga, acupuncture, herbal remedies, hypnosis, and relaxation techniques can help control the sympathetic nervous system response.
- An effective management strategy is the use of Botox injections to interrupt the nerve transmission that signals the sweat glands to function. Botox is FDA-approved underarm hyperhidrosis and clinically proven to reduce sweating by 80 – 90%
What Can I Expect From Botox Treatment For Hyperhydrosis?
- Botox injections are quick and relatively painless. Nerve blockade evolves a few days (4-7 days) after injection and full effects are evident within two weeks.
- After treatment, the duration of underarm dryness varies between individuals but is typically 4 to 12 months.
- Retreatment is not an issue as studies have shown that repeated treatment with BOTOX® is safe and effective for underarm hyperhidrosis and consistently results in meaningful, long-lasting improvements in symptoms.